San Marcos Unified School District's Teaching American History Grant Project
Project Title: Foundations
Amount of Award: $822, 216 (Three year period)
Goals, objectives, and expected outcomes for the project:
- Increase the history content knowledge-Teachers will raise their test scores between a pre-and post-test by 35%.
- Utilize a series of formal historical thinking and content literacy skills-80% of participants will score at proficient or above on an historical thinking assessment.
- Foster a powerful and enduring history-based professional learning community-80% of participants will attend 80% of available training hours. 100% of participants will develop at least one high quality lesson plan each year.
- Improve the achievement of students and increase their knowledge of traditional American History-Students will raise their test scores between a pre- and post-test by 20%.
- Integrate history content into English language arts-80% of participants will have developed an ELA-equivalent lesson by the end of each year.
- Utilize Web 2.0 technology-All submitted lesson plans will be uploaded to the project website (blog). 80% of participants will use and post entries on any of the following: Facebook, Twitter, blogs, chats, or discussion forums on the project website.